All Projects (1)
Please select the projects in which you are interested.
- Vancouver Chapter
- Lean In Canada is a community of professional women empowering each other to build purposeful and fulfilling careers. Since 2013, we have grown from an audience of 20 people to over 6,000 members in various professions across Canada. We built our organization for people just like us: professional women who are passionate about driving their careers forward to the next level and beyond, and who want to achieve greater success not only in work, but also in life.
The Chapter President is one of the key leadership positions in Canada. The President will serve a minimum 2-year term and will work closely with the Board of Directors to set the vision and plan for the chapter, your volunteers and your members. Regional Presidents also work directly with the Leanin.org foundation, an initiative of the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation, including joining the annual strategy session in California with fellow Lean In Presidents from all over the world.
Responsibilities: Strategy & Leadership
• Build the annual strategic and financial plan for the Chapter.
• Form and lead a leadership team across a multitude of responsibilities, including finance, marketing, event planning, engagement and more.
• Serve as the key regional liaison and representative for the Canadian Board of Directors and the LeanIn.org foundation, including at the annual conference in California.
• Drive engagement and productivity through leadership, coaching and inspiration of a team of leaders and volunteers.
• Serve as the face of the regional organization to all members, partners, media and sponsors.
• Ensure team is meeting or exceeding strategic plans, delivering on all priorities, maintaining effective communication with other chapters and the Board of Directors.
• Grow membership and drive community participation through various engagement opportunities including large-scale events, driving growth of Lean In circles and delivering relevant content.
• Proven experience and ability to build and lead a high-performing team with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
• Senior management experience that includes either direct accountability for or direct experience working with a P&L.
• Experience leading or participating in strategic planning sessions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness across a multitude of priorities with limited resources.
• Previous experience in a non-profit preferred, but not required.